- Embedded 512 MB 800 MHz cache (ECC DDR2 memory) to efficiently store data in transition
- Speaker to deliver audible alerts
- Two SFF8087 SAS/SATA connectors for up to eight internal ports
- x8 PCI Express* 2.0 interface for fast communication with the server board
- LSI* SAS2108 ROC controller providing 2.0 compliance including 6Gb/s data transfer
- RS2BL080: Two internal cables with SFF8087 connectors that expand to four individual connectors
Data protection and availability
Intel® RAID Controller RS2BL Family features include LSI’s SAS2108 6Gb/s RAID on Chip (ROC) silicon and a native PCI Express* 2.0 architecture allowing for significant performance gains for both 3Gb/s and 6Gb/s drive-based solutions versus prior generation RAID adapters. Data protection and availability are enhanced by new features including Decision Feedback Equalization for greater signal integrity, enhanced diagnostics, and more robust error reporting.
The Intel® RAID Controller RS2BL080, a first-generation 6G SAS adapter incorporating LSI* MegaRAID* technology, offers unprecedented performance with exceptional data protection and design flexibility. The RS2BL080 is a powerful internal 6Gb/s SAS, 3Gb/s, or 3Gb/s SATA RAID solution for mainstream use. It can connect up to eight SAS or SATA hard drives directly, or up to thirty-two using SAS expanders. This adapter can also support an optional Intel® RAID Smart Battery, AXXRSBBU7, which protects cached data by providing power to the module in the event of server or power failure. Available in two models – a standard model and one with added Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) support.
The Intel® RAID Controller RS2BL040 is targeted at solutions with expander backplanes or low drive counts.